Position now filled
VEON Job Vacancy –Maintenance Forester
Ireland’s leading forestry company, VEON (formerly Forest Enterprises Ltd.) has over 25 years forest management experience & currently manages over 30,000 acres of high quality commercial forests in Ireland & Scotland. The value of these assets is estimated at over €100 million. Veon has established over 15,000 acres of forestry in Ireland.
Our services are tailored towards maximizing the commercial benefits of forestry for our clients. We are constantly investing in our staff & systems to deliver the best possible results making forestry a profitable & rewarding enterprise for our clients. Veon are headquartered in Co. Dublin and has four strategically located offices throughout Ireland in Wexford, Galway, Kerry and Leitrim. Due to continued expansion we are now recruiting a Maintenance Forester in the North West Region.
The successful candidate will form part of a two person maintenance team. This role will give firsthand experience within the forestry industry.
You will be based in the North West of the country covering counties Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, Leitrim, and Roscommon. You may be requested from time to time to travel to other regions to help aid other regional managers, in this case your accommodation will be covered by the company.
Working as part of the maintenance team you will be provided with transport, waterproof clothing, forestry equipment and safety equipment to carry out your daily tasks.
VEON maintenance crew roles and responsibilities
- Familiarise with ongoing maintenance sites
- Draw up maintenance programme for each site
- Carry out all necessary maintenance work to forest service standard
- Log all works carried out per site and report weekly to Operations Forester
- Report to Operations Forester and Regional Manager i.e. trespass issues, forest quality etc
- Responsible for upkeep of Veon van and forestry equipment
- Budget control for sites
- Organising plants numbers, fertilizer and herbicide requirements
- Responsible for client communication during maintenance
- Scoping for potential new sales from existing clients and referrals from existing clients
- Creating a presence for new opportunities in the region
- Helping other Veon forester from time to time in other regions
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is available
Applications. Cover letter and CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org date for close of applications is Friday 22nd September 2016.