September 6, 2016
Veon Job Vacancy – Operations Forester
Ireland’s leading forestry company, Veon (formerly Forest Enterprises Ltd.) has over 25 years forest management experience & currently manages over 30,000 acres of high quality commercial forests in Ireland & Scotland. The value of these assets is estimated at over €100 million. Veon has established over 15,000 acres of forestry in Ireland. We specialise in all aspects of forestry focusing in particular on forestry investment, long term active management, forest establishment and harvesting, while also offering forestry consultancy services to State bodies and private companies. Our services are tailored towards maximising the commercial benefits of forestry for our clients. We are constantly investing in our staff & systems to deliver the best possible results making forestry a profitable & rewarding enterprise for our clients. Veon are headquartered in Co. Dublin and has three regional offices strategically located throughout Ireland – Wexford, Galway and Sligo.
Due to continued expansion we are now recruiting an Operations Forester based in our Mid Western region with an opportunity to work with an experienced team and to progress your career in forestry.
Reporting to the Regional Manager the Operations Forester will be responsible for controlling all forestry operations in the Mid Western region.
- Arranging establishment, roading and harvesting operations in the region.
- Contractor supervision.
- To assist Regional Manager with sales from time to time.
- Ensure maintenance of Veon health and safety standards.
- Relevant Third level qualification in forestry.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent GIS and IT skills.
- Self starter with ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organisational, administrative and communication skills.
- Deadline orientated.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is available
Cover letter and CV should be emailed to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 2nd September 2016.