Careers at Veon
Vacancy –Operations Forester South West Region
Ireland’s leading forestry company, VEON (formerly Forest Enterprises Ltd.) has over 25 years forest management experience & currently manages over 30,000 acres of high quality commercial forests in Ireland & Scotland.
Our services are tailored towards maximizing the commercial benefits of forestry for our clients. We are constantly investing in our staff & systems to deliver the best possible results making forestry a profitable & rewarding enterprise for our clients. Veon are headquartered in Co. Dublin and has five strategically located offices throughout Ireland in Wexford, Galway, Kerry, Leitrim and Laois.
We are currently recruiting an Operations Forester in the South West Region with an opportunity to work with an experienced team and to progress your career in forestry. Reporting to the Regional Manager the Operations Forester will be responsible for controlling all forestry operations in the South West Region.
- Arranging establishment, road, and harvesting operations in the region.
- Contractor supervision.
- Budget Control.
- To assist the Regional Manager with sales from time to time.
- Ensure maintenance of Veon health & safety standards.
- Relevant Third level qualification in forestry.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent IT and GIS Skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organisational, administrative and communication skills.
- Deadline orientated.
A competitive salary package commensurate with experience is available together with van, laptop, phone and vouched expenses. There are opportunities for career development in a growing organization and ongoing technical and professional training is provided.
Applications. Cover letter and CV should be emailed to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Thursday 1st November October 2018.